Ahh the joys of dogs......
Today Rob called me at work and sent a picture text at the same time of a very gross cut. (weak gutted people....stop now and do not read any further!)
Anyways....apparently Beretta did something! Don't know if she tried to jump the fence, if ranger took a big bite out of her, or she just got in a knife fight. But what ever she did it left a nice slice out of her side.
I left work, came home and took her to the vet. The vet was not in so they told me to leave her and call in an hour for a "price quote". 3:30pm rolls around so I called.......$400-$500 was the quote (which leaves quite a big $100 gap) not to mention that even $400 to sew up a cut it is plain robbery in my opinion. So I told them I would be into get her.
I could tell that those nurses were quite annoyed with me when I picked her up and were telling me that I would be paying at least double that amount if it gets infected and that my quote was only good for 24 hours. I told them that I would be taking her home and sewing it up, I even spoke with the vet and he gave me some baidadine and gauze and told me the same thing the nurses told me. I just think they really wanted my $500 bucks!
When I arrived home, Rob had both of the kids asleep so we started surgery!
First we washed the cut with water......
Then we cleaned it with baidadine......and she was so good........
Then we gave the wound some lydacane......Beretta was really good for that too!

Then Rob started sewing.......but while he was sewing, both the kids woke up. Bella was very helpful. She said things like "don't hurt my dog daddy" and "its okay girl" and "mom, she's not crying huh?" Bells even held the flashlight for Rob because he said our bathroom lighting sucks. We obviously don't have any operating room lights!












3 comments:
Wow, Rob could be a surgeon, but what I'm wondering is where did you get that lidocaine and syringe? hahaha
Hi Jess,
I love to hear about your family and believe me the action never stops. I know you could make a million in a sit com or a book. Anyway we love to hear about it. Will you please tell Rob my hubby had the best 50th birthday ever. He was so surprised and had no (no) idea about the deer head. (by the way you never, ever suprise the King). Tell Rob he was amaazing. Thank you sooo much.
Love Cindy
Post a Comment