Sunday, September 20, 2009

ROBERT.....Wednesday the 16th

September 16th, Wednesday morning.......

I had all 3 kids up by 7am. Rob woke up shortly after, he took over the breakfast I was making, while I finished showers and getting them all dressed. We ate sausage and eggs! It made the house smell like maple sausage. Rob took off for work at 8ish, he had a "training" down at primary children's hospital. I helped the kids finish eating, we brushed teeth and RUSHED out the door to get Guns to school by 8:45. Bells, Ruger and I arrived back home about 9am, the house still smelled like maple sausage. My visiting teachers were to arrive at 9:30 so I set Ruger in his bouncy and Bells and I went to the kitchen to clean up.

At 9:10 I received the call.......It said it was from Rob's cell phone........but it wasn't Rob.

The lady on the other end said.......Hi my name is soandso (i don't remember it) I am with IMC and we have Rob with us.

You have to understand that rob works with many women...so I figured it was one of them.

I responded "okay" and was wondering what she needed.

She then stated "Rob has been in a serious motorcycle accident, and we need you to come as quickly as you can to IMC"

I immediately started to shake uncontrollably, and then was in total shock. I said "umm are you FREAKING kidding me"

She said "No"

I said in a very shaky and crying voice "okay, tell me again where he is (then I panicked) wait, I don't have a pencil, okay where do I go"

She said "Rob is at IMC, he has been in a motorcycle accident, and we need you to come to 53rd and state to the hospital. Please drive careful, but come quickly" And she hung up the phone.

I knew nothing......All the what if's and possibilities were jumbling through my head.

As I was panicking, I knew I couldn't drive, so I called Nick (Robs brother) and told him to come get me right now and take me to the hospital, cause rob had been in a wreck. I don't even know how he understood me though my crying but he was to the house in less than 10 minutes! (Thanks Nicky, I owe you BIG)

When we arrived at the hospital, they told us that he was not there yet, and we were asked to wait in the waiting room. Okay more freaking out, I swear my heart was beating out of my chest. Nick went and talked to them again, after we sat down. Apparently Rob was there, but they were not able to have us back there yet. This is when I start to wonder if its so bad they just don't know how to tell me yet.

Finally they came and told us we could go back to see him.

AND that is how my morning went............

Rob sustained some pretty serious injuries.

-has a bleed in his head, -has broke 4 ribs on his left side, -has blood and fluid in his lungs, -has a broken wrist, with possible nerve and tendon damage

He was in the Trauma Unit at IMC for 4 days and he is doing well. Not quite out of the woods yet, and will be very sore and unable to do much for probably 6 weeks, but he is going to be OK!

His bike is going to need lots of work, it may even be totalled.

He is now out of the hospital and at home, in the recliner, doped up and sleeping most of the time.

Were sure thankful he is doing okay!!

1 comment:

Lainee said...

I am glad he is okay. Hang in there