Sunday, February 28, 2010

Gunner turned #7

Here are pictures from Gunners Birthday........yes I know it was back in December but I am still playing catch-up.
I'm one of those people that think that when its your birthday......IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU!!
The day before, I had taken down all of the Christmas decorations and had put up some streamers with a big banner for him to wake up to. Of course I didn't get all the Christmas presents put away, so we just added to the chaos of the living room. :)
That morning when I asked Guns what he wanted to have for breakfast he replied blueberry pancakes, or maybe strawberry, or the maybes went on and on so we took him to IHOP!
He had a cup of hot chocolate with whip cream and a cherry on top, and 2 buttermilk pancakes that he drenched in EVERY kind of syrup they had. Yummy!
Then Rob, Guns, and I dropped the two babies off with Grandma's and we headed to see a movie. Gunner wanted to watch Avatar in 3D. It was actually a really great show.
After the movie we headed home. Gunner had previously looked at different cakes and could not decide which one to go with. I had told him we could make our own if he wanted. Then he told me that he would like to make his own birthday cake by himself. Of course I helped a little, but for the most part Gunner add the ingredients, mixed and had it in the oven. He then decorated it with his Bakugan guys and I was able to write on the cake. It turned out pretty cute, and he was really proud of it.
That afternoon we had a party, just close family came. We opened up presents, had some cake (which we "had" to pause the wii for) and that was it. It was short, sweet, and to the point.
Then a few of us headed up to the new Boondocks Fun Center. Gunner was able to play a few rounds of laser tag with Rob, Bridger, and Aunt Amy, while Barb and I hung out with Bells and Ruger in the play zone.
It was a great day, and Guns was happy!
(I personally was exhausted and it was a huge reality check......my baby is 7 WOW!)

No comments: