Sunday, February 7, 2010

Christmas at the Temple

I'm still playing catch-up.....
Rob and I wanted to get the kids to the Temple before Christmas. We wanted them to not only see all the lights, but also experience the "magical" story of baby Jesus. The temple expresses the story so much better than our nativity book.
Here's a pic of the kids watching the story being told.
It was pretty cold, and we had the kids all bundled up pretty good! Ruger seemed to get cold off and on. His cheeks were super rosy, and we have since realized that the snowman suit is really just a big blanket that lets the air creep in. It defiantly keeps him bundled, but he did get a little chilly. Bells was super toasty except her hands....she wouldn't wear her gloves for nothing. Gunner was hot at one point of the night.......and overall none of us froze! We went fairly early in the evening and were lucky to have Grandma and aunt Amy join us for the occasion.
The lights were very pretty. It seemed as we were walking around we were all able to pick a "favorite" tree or lighted area. Aunt Amy's favorite was the RED tree, she said it has always been her favorite. It was defiantly RED and as people would stand near or under it, they seemed to glow RED.
The kids and Rob liked the tall tree made out of lights.....it was very tall so we had to be a ways away to get it in the picture.
As for me, I just wanted a picture of my kids and I with one of the nativity scenes in the background. When we first walked by it we tried for a picture, but Bells was being her normal "spoiled" self and was throwing a fit. (I wasn't going to post the picture...but then I figured if your reading this you really should get the full effect, right?)
She really knows how to push my buttons! And having to have an attitude talk at the temple is not one of my favorite moments......gotta love it!
However on the way back to the car, she was her normal "cute princess" self and was just perfect for a picture. Thank goodness cause it sure turned out cute!
It was a pretty good night, although next time to make it even better I think we will take the thermos and hot chocolate.

No comments: