
May 28th Rob and I had the pleasure of attending dinner with President Thomas S. Monson. The Church was showing recognition for the great things that Wilford (Rob's great grandfather) did for the LDS church. He was an amazing man who traveled all over to purchase church history sites and artifacts. I am so grateful to have been able to attend the ceremony, and to have been able to meet President Monson face to face.
Of course we weren't the only ones there. All of the descendants of Wilford Wood were invited, here is all of the great grandchildren that attended.
And of course there were members of the quorum of the 12, church historians, mission presidents and other church officials.
Nick, Rachel, Rob and I sat at table #10, there were 3 other couples that sat with us, Clark and Kathleen Hinkley (they just received another mission call, Clark is President Hinkley's son and he is going to be the mission president in Spain) Christopher and Louise Jones (Chris is a trustee for the Mormon Historic Sites Foundation) and Karl and Joyce Anderson (Karl is a church historian in Kirkland, Ohio) Rob and I had a fun time, and it was really neat to hear stories about Wilford and the great things that he has done for the Mormon church. Ive attached a link for those that want to read the newspaper article about the night.
President Monson honors Wood for preserving LDS Church history Wilford C. Wood had a magnificent obsession for historical sites and artifacts.Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints President Thom…Full Story: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705307223/President-Monson-honors-Wood-for-preserving-LDS-Church-history.html




2 comments:
That would be neat to have dinner with Pres. Monson. Wilford must have been an incredible man. How fun to see Taylor Swift! She is a great artist.
Hey when commented this morning I forgot to wish you a Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a great day.
Post a Comment