

We arrived 15 minutes early and there was hardly any kids, then as it became closer to 10am they started to swarm in. Guns was in the 7-8 yr olds, and Bells was with the 1-2 yr olds.


Each age group had tons and tons of candy for the kids to pick up and 5 plastic eggs that would grant them a larger prize. Of course "every kid" wanted a plastic egg. Gunner had asked if Grannie and I would stay and watch him, and so Barb, Ciera and Bridger took Bells over to her area.
I snapped this picture of Gunner a little late and he is just standing there, but let me tell you why....

Gunner had his eye on a green egg, and if he didn't get that one he was going to go for the orange one. He gave it a good shot. This other kid and he were neck and neck when Gunner dove for the egg, the other kid dove, and that's right........Gunner didn't get it.
BUT instead of jumping up and getting lots of candy.......he sulked and pouted. Of course I was like "dude, go get some candy" and he was crying and saying "NO, I wanted the egg". So at this point I am getting mad right......so I told him to go to the car if you don't want to participate........So he ended up at the car with NO, and I mean not even 1 piece of CANDY.
As for Bells hunt, well when the alarm sounded it was complete chaos and she was a little overwhelmed by all the people.

She started to cry and Aunt Barb stayed right with her. Bella didn't want to pick up any candy until Barb told her that it was almost all gone and the little boy next to her was taking it all. That's when she decided to pick some up for herself. However she didn't want to pick up just any candy, she only wanted the pink ones. So she ended up with only about a dozen pieces.
Overall I would have to say that this was not our best Easter egg hunt! I think next year we will have a little practice before we go!

No comments:
Post a Comment