When we arrived it was beyond busy......we drove around for literally 15 minutes to find a parking spot. Then when we went to get our tickets for the day I must have still been in my "yard-sale" deal finding mode because they wanted $35 dollars for the 4 of us (would have been $47 with Rob), just for the day.....robbery I say but that is the cost as its posted quite bold at the ticket counter! So I being into the deal, bought a membership for $80. Another words.....we have to go 2x to get our moneys worth and the membership is for a year so I think I made the right decision.
When we first arrived the kids "all the sudden" were hungry and "needed" lunch. So we headed to the first food place we saw. We ordered 2 hot dog kids meals and some chicken tenders ($18.00) and we all shared with each other.
Note to self......eat/feed kids before going into zoo!

Now that are tummy's were full of solid grease we went to see the animal. The kids had a blast! I think our favorite animal was the elephants. The mommy was sooo big and the baby was sooo cute. We stayed and watched them for quite a while. The baby kept leaving its mommy and then a few minutes later he would go over and hug her with his trunk. It was absolutely adorable.



Then we headed to the rhinos, they were cool but the statue was way more fun to climb on.
Then to the penguins. Ruger loved them, he actually loved every animal we stopped at. I think he loved them a little too much cause let me tell you........Ruger is for the most part a really good baby. However, this kid threw the biggest fits I have ever seen. I was actually shocked and embarrassed! Every time I would pick him up to move on to the next animal he would scream, not just a little, a lot and it was that blood curdling scream that makes everyone look at you. Then he would kick his feet, arch his back, throw his head every which way. Its the squirm that makes you wonder if your really going to be able to hang onto him. Its the squirm and screams that make you feel that everyone is wondering if you are steeling someones kid! So we would fight and he would cry and throw his fit in between each animal. As soon as he was put down in front of a barrier he was fine. He would just smear his face (sometimes licking the glass) and watch the animal. So after the first few fits it became funny to Gunner, Bella and I.
All three love the giraffes. Its too bad they wouldn't come any closer. Bella was trying to climb over the fence, Ruger was sure he could squeeze his fat face through the fence and Guns just kept saying how he wanted to pet one.
The bug were disgusting but neat!
After a 3 1/2 hours we still had smiles on our faces! So we decided to leave the animals and take a train ride and play with the water ball. Ruger fell asleep on the train so we decided to call it a day and figured with our membership we could come back anytime.
On our way our we saw Chester Cheetah and they gave us each a free back of chips.
I think as soon as we did up Bella's seat belt she was out. It was a fun trip and when we were done, we were all tired. Gunner even crashed on the way home. I was wanting too, but I was the D.D. (designated driver)

















No comments:
Post a Comment