Here's our "coloring of the Easter Eggs". Just a reminder my camera was still crappy so some of the pictures are blurry. Also we arrived home kinda late from St. George so Ruger did not participate because he had went to bed.
Due to of all the cool kit/boxes of Easter egg colors we had to choose from, we could not agree on just 1. So Gunner had a Star Wars kit and 12 eggs, and Bella had the princess kit with 12 eggs.
I lined the table with newspaper and had oodles of paper towels available so that we didn't make a complete mess of the kitchen. Or dye my table that un-washable blue!
I even gave the kids good instructions, or at least what I thought was good instructions. "Ok guys all you have to do is put your eggs into the cups and it will turn the color of the dye that's inside. You can use your spoons, egg grabber, or your hand. Try not to spill your cup, and have fun!"
Let me remind you that Gunner has done this many times so he knows how to color eggs........Bella on the other hand was super little last year and doesn't remember. So she did exactly what I said.......she put ALL her eggs in the cups! And she was so proud of herself!
Gunner was very specific about how he dyed his eggs, which colors and how long they could stay in a certain dye. After I took all of Bella's eggs out and had her just do one at a time, she just wanted a little bit of every color, all at once.
They both had fun and they both had blue/green fingers when we were done. Bella's dyes were all a gross brown color when we were done and Gunners were still the original colors that they started as. Here is our end products.....They looked awesome!
Then we set up our eggs for the Easter bunny. Since I have a few miscellaneous baskets, the kids picked out one for themselves and one for Ruger. Bella picked out the multi-colored basket. Gunner went for the blue plastic one with the yellow bunny on front, and for Ruger they chose my soft blue bunny basket that my mom made me when I was little. (My mom had brought it with her when she came to visit in March. I had told her that if I was a good mom, I would make my kids one, but it would definitely not be today or anytime soon cause I just don't have the time or the patience right now.)
Then I told them they could open their package from NaNa and PaPa Bud before they brushed their teeth and went to bed. It was a good thing we didn't wait until Easter morning! NaNa had made each of the kids their "OWN BASKET". Gunner wanted the Green one, Bells wanted the purple one, so we left the Blue on for Ruger. These are super cute and definitely one of a kind!
Thanks NaNa, we love them!!











1 comment:
I love Bella's eggs all in one cup. But mom, that is what you said to do. Put them in the cup!
Post a Comment