This last Saturday the kids had a dentist apt at 8:30 in the morning. I know....who in their right mind schedules a dentist apt on Saturday morning? But in our chaos when else would we have time. On our way home from the dentist a bright green "yard-sale" sign caught my eye. Of course I immediately thought of Grannie and the fun times we had, so I thought what the heck, lets go! We spent the next hour and a half hitting I think 9 total yard sales. It sounds like a lot, but most of them were on the same street!
The saying "One mans junk is another mans treasure" is so true.
$2.00= Bella's Diego Elephant (it has a cage, talks and blows its trunk)
$ .50= Gunners Bat-Mobile (its super cool because he can lift the hatch and fit almost any of his guys in there)
$1.00= 3 old pots (I liked them because they were rusted and I thought they would be easy to decorate with, Ruger liked them because he can bang them together)
$1.50= 3 old VHS movies (Homeward Bound 2, Fievel Goes West, and Milo and Otis, and we have already watched 2 of them)
$1.00= a box of miscellaneous old Disney cassette tapes (so most people would think this was a waste because CDs and Ipods are in now, but in this box was song tapes of "Cinderella", "Little Mermaid" and "Sleeping Beauty". YES I paid a dollar mainly for those 3 but the rest came with the box, and YES we have already listened to all 3 tapes.) I have already realized that putting her in her princess dress, turning on the tape, and letting her dance and jump around.......is so much nicer than watching the movie over and over and over again.
So that box was the "steel" of the day. Thanks Grannie for making yard sales so FUN!


No comments:
Post a Comment