Thursday, April 15, 2010

Happy 4th Anniversary!

WOW....I cant believe its been 4 years already! Crazy how time flies! Maybe it flies so fast because we have so many things going on that some days I wonder how we stay a float. This is how are day went today.......
Rob up at 4:30 am to be down to the hospital by 6am.
I was up at 6:30, NO that's not when my alarm is set, that's when "chunky" wants to get up! Of course I quickly get him out of his crib so he doesn't wake up the other two "monkeys" and try and try and try to see if he will just cuddle for even 10 more minutes. (this was not a smart idea)
Then with no luck I get my lazy butt out of bed and get Ruger to the tub. Of course tubby time is a favorite, so with all of his giggling and squealing, princess Bella wakes up and comes in the bathroom. Get Ruger out of the tub, get him dressed.
Bells picks out her dress to wear for the day and get her dressed. She had her tub last night. Try to do her hair but she is in this "don't do my hair" phase so it doesn't even get brushed.
Put up the child proof gates and lock the two youngest in the living room. Hurry and have a 2 minute shower.....of course I would love to have a long bubble bath but I am sure something would be broken or choked on by the time I was to get out. I did manage to shave my armpits which I am very fast at, but the legs always seem to have to wait till a day off!
I get half dressed, cause I cant do just one thing at a time.
Then "we" get Gunner up so he can hurry and get ready for school.
For some reason at this point I realize aaahhhh I'm running late.
Call grandma and tell her that she will have to feed them all breakfast cause we are not going to have time. She says okay I will make them pancakes! (which is way better than cold cereal and a banana)
Get the diaper bag ready, grab Rugers Jacket. Tell Bells to get hers and tell Guns to get his and his backpack. Finish brushing my hair. Get Bells jacket cause she said she couldn't find it (hanging on the coat rack in her room). Tell Guns, go get his jacket and backpack again.
Take the jackets and diaper bag to the car, start the car. Grab Ruger and and tell Bells to get in the car. Tell Gunner again GET YOUR BACKPACK AND JACKET RIGHT NOW!
Load all the kids into car seats in the car. Drive to Grandmas drop off kids, drive back home grab my lunch. Lock the dogs out, get back in the car and drive to work.
WORK.....and while I was at work I received these!!

My favorite flower is a Gerber Daisy.......Rob sure knows how to brighten my day!

While Rob was at work, he received this!

He even brought some home so the kids and I could have some. Of course he shared with all of his co-workers (they all wanted to celebrate our 4Th too) This fruit was so good! Those grapes are the best grapes I think I have ever had!
Here is where you think that this would be the end of my story....but its not.
I get off work a little after 5pm. Pick of the kids from grandma, drive home and realize we only have 25 minutes to be to soccer. Tell Guns to grab his soccer bag and uniform and get ready for the game. Grab Bells and Ruger a snack. Help Guns get his shin guards and cleats on. Grab Guns a snack. Get the chairs in the car, get the kids in their car seats and head to soccer. Practice is at 6pm and the game is at 6:30pm. Watch Gunner play soccer! Rob arrives from work at the soccer game. We all leave the game at 7:30pm to come home. Try and figure what we will eat for dinner.......Panda and daddy's fruit bouquet! Eat. Get gunner to do his homework, practice spelling words. 8:30pm get bottle for Ruger, Rob rocks Ruger to sleep. Brush teeth, not mine Bells. Let kids watch 15 minutes of Dr Doolittle and wind down. Get Bells and Guns into bed with the reminder that Dr Doolittle is not our movie and they cant pause it...."cant we please stay up to watch it." "NO (mean mom) its 9pm and its past time for bed!" Rob and I try to pick-up the house a little bit. Get dishes done. Get trash out and cans out to the curb. Rob goes to bed at 10pm. I blog and now I am going to bed 10:45pm.
And yet tomorrow is going to be another busy day! Oh well romantic dates on your anniversary are over-rated. I am sure we will find time to have one here in the next millennium!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to know that I am not the only one!!!!! Thanks for that Jess....."FOCUS ON YOUR SHOES, BEN........"
DIANE

Anonymous said...

Congrads. WOW from me too. LU Belle

Unknown said...

I'm EXHAUSTED, just reading that. Happy 4th. You'll get to celebrate later..haha